File # 2021-1425412 – Search warrant under Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
For Immediate Release – September 24, 2021
BRIDGEWATER, NS – On Thursday, September 23, 2021, at approximately 12:30 p.m., members of the South Shore Integrated Street Crime Enforcement Unit, along with Bridgewater Police GIS, RCMP GIS, and Bridgewater Police Patrol, executed a search warrant under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act on King Street in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.
As a result of the execution of the search warrant, police seized a quantity if methamphetamine (ICE Tablets), a large quantity of cocaine powder, Canadian currency, and a number of imitation firearms.
As a result of the investigation the following individuals have been charged:
James Allan Backman is charged with:
– Possession for the Purposes of Trafficking in Cocaine
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Methamphetamine.
– Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace Bear Spray
– Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace Imitation Hand Gun
– Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace Imitation Assault Rifle
– Breach of a Recognizance
Kaila Clements is charged with:
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Cocaine
James Backman has been remanded and will appear in Bridgewater Provincial Court on Friday, September 24, 2021.
Kaila Clements has been released on conditions and will appear December 1, 2021, at the Bridgewater Provincial Courthouse for plea.
The investigation into this matter remains ongoing and police request that anyone with information relating to this matter contact Bridgewater Police Service at (902) 543-2464.