Media Release – For Immediate Release
File # 2021-78741 – Motor Vehicle Collision Update
On Monday January 18, 2021, at approximately 11:58 a.m., Bridgewater Police Service responded to a 911 call to the King Street area north of Victoria Road in Bridgewater for a two (2) vehicle head-on collision with entrapment.
Multiple units from Bridgewater Police Service, Bridgewater Fire Department, and EHS attended the scene, locating two vehicles with heavy damage to their front ends. Bridgewater Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to extricate both drivers.
Two (2) young males and one (1) adult female were transported by EHS to South Shore Regional Hospital. Two (2) of the parties sustained serious injuries because of the collision.
As a result of the investigation, a youth will be appearing in court on June 23, 2021, facing the following offences:
- Two (2) counts of Dangerous Driving Causing Bodily Harm, Sec 320.13 (2) under the Criminal Code of Canada
- Careless Driving, Sec 100 (2) of the Motor Vehicle Act
- Driving left of a solid line, Sec 115 (2)(a) of the Motor Vehicle Act
- Stunting by driving in excess of 50 Km/h above the posted speed limit, Sec 163 (1) of the Motor Vehicle Act
- Newly licensed driver failing to comply with conditions: zero blood alcohol level, Sec 70A (8) of the Motor Vehicle Act
Anyone with information is asked to contact Bridgewater Police Service at (902) 543-2464.